Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Summer Vacation

I have planned a cheap vacation for my family this year and I thought I would share the details.  I have bought some of the gift certificates already and thought I would share our plans.

Day 1  we are going to go to Heber, UT and ride the Heber Valley Railroad.  I was able to purchase to $50 gift certificates for $25 each.  (I will post the websites separately on my facebook page)  I am not sure if this offer is still available.  I will have to check.

Then we will be staying at my sister's condo time share that we will pay $200 for up front for 2 nights in a 3 bedroom condo and then go and spend an hour one morning listening to their sales pitch on the time share.  Once we listen to the sales pitch they will give us a $200 Amex gift card.  If you don't know anyone that can get you this deal and are interested I know a couple people that might be able to help you out.

Day 2 and 3 we are going to spend at Lagoon.  I am still working on discounts for that, but I am hoping to be able to do their bounce back special the 2nd day and that at least will make the tickets close to half off. 

I need to find a good deal on a motel room or other accomodations for  night 3. 

Day 4 we are going to go to the Dinosaur Park in Ogden UT.  I just got tickets for 8 people for $14.40.  It was cheaper to buy 2 of the packages for 4 than it was to buy 1 and pay for the other 2 people.  This deal is still available.

I also got $40 worth of gift certificates for Dee's Family Restaurant for $14  So that will be one of our meals while we are down there.  We will be cooking in the condo and probably doing a picnic at Lagoon so we will only need to eat out a couple of times.

I also bought some discounted tickets to an arcade where we will be able to play laser tag, roller skate, etc.  I will get the details on that later.  Watch my facebook page for a link to the sites I used.

No comments:

Post a Comment